Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Season....

 

Ahhhhhh.... fall.  The leaves start to change colors, the days get cooler, and PUMPKINS are everywhere. 

Sooooooo excited!

I am an equal opportunity pumpkin fanatic.  Real ones, glass ones, fake ones, grapevine ones, and even green glitter ones....

Love me some pumpkins!

A couple of wkends ago near Wilmington, NC, one of the local churches - Wesley Memorial United Methodist - was hosting their annual pumpkin patch fundraiser.  Of course, I had to stop on my way back from the beach.  And... they get some serious props for staging! 


 
 
This past weekend, I was able to have brunch with my mom in Asheville.  And, guess what the Grove Park Inn had on display at the front entrance..... pumpkins!
 
 
 
And, don't think that this is a new love affair.  Oh, no!  This is a long-term relationship.  In fact, a ceramic pumpkin from my childhood is proudly displayed in the master bedroom.
 
 
 
Sadly, I am completely inept at carving those little orange beauties.  Fortunately, Coastal Living and Southern Living have some great carved pumpkin displays for our enjoyment.
 

 
 
Of course, there are lots of other pumpkin ideas for the holidays.
 
 
Pumpkin luminaries...
 

Grapevine pumpkins with lights...
 
 Pumpkin window boxes...


Glass pumpkins....
 
And, perhaps a pumpkin wreath......
 
 
So, happy pumpkin season!!!!  Hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment